While researching foods for beautiful skin to better serve my Noevir consultants, I attended an unrelated all-day conference. Over the lunch hour, I noticed a woman eating a rather unique combination of foods so I inquired about her food selection. She shared with me about the top super foods and said she daily makes her selections from this list of fourteen. I looked at her and identified a woman without a single pound of unwanted fat, clear skin and minimal frown lines. Satisfied, I took her advice to run my Google search.
Between the reading I was doing on eating for healthy skin and the woman at the conference, I arrived at the following conclusion on how to style a diet.
- Eliminate temptations from your cupboard–or at the least do not purchase them any more.
- Post a list of good-for-you foods on the frig. (One way you can tell they are good for you is they rarely have an ingredient list! It is what it is!)
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store with list firmly in hand. Avoid the center aisles like the plague! You may find one ingredient substances here–that are best avoided–like bleached flour, white sugar, and white rice!
- Shop frequently so you select the freshest of the fresh! (Like the youthful-looking French women and long-living Japanese grand mamas do)
- Stock your refrigerator with these super foods.
- Make daily food selections from this list.
- When you want to snack, select from the posted list.
- Allow for extras, but put the most important healthy foods in first.
It reminds me of the college professor who sat a gallon jug on a desk at the front of the class room surrounded by an array of rocks, sand, pebbles and water. He asked the class how to get everything in the jar?
Through much trial and error, they finally concluded you put the big rocks in first.
The big nutritional rocks go in first to enjoy Your Flourishing Health.
Marlee Huber ~ Advocating for Your Flourishing Health!